Published by :

Published by :

Indonesian Chicken and Rice & Rocket & Mango Salad



Ingredients:

My girlfriend lived in Indonesia some years ago, and often their maid would serve them this dish. My girlfriend then shared it with me. I simply love it, so I thought I would share it with the lot of you. It's simple, and has a taste that you usually does not encounter. It is also good for freezing to eat later as well!

Ingredients:
1. Chicken fillets (I have used inner fillets this time)
2. Rice
3. Coconut milk
4. Curry (forgot it on the picture)
5. Fresh ginger
6. Chili
7. Lime Fruits

Salad:
1. Rocket
2. Mango


This should serve about 2-4 people, depending on how hungry you are.

It's hard to say exactly how much of each ingredient you should use, use your guts. I usually go with something like, pr. can of coconut milk 1 chili, 1 lime, 1 tablespoon of curry and a good piece of ginger (look at the picture, that is what I use for 2 cans)




Step 1:

Start by slicing the chicken into smaller pieces, size does not really matter.




Step 2:

Remove the core of the chili, and chop it into small pieces.

Rinse the limes with water, and cut them in halves.

Peel the ginger, and mince it.

Shake the coconut cans, and open them.




Step 3:

Start cooking the rice as instructed on the package, and heat your wok, or deep pan. In with the chicken and just fry it for a while, does not have to be completely cooked, since it will cook in the sauce later.


Step 4:

Add all the coconut milk to the chicken, and as much of all the other ingredients as you would like.




Step 5:

Bring it to the boil, and just let it simmer, so all the flavors can meld together. Add the rest of the ingredients as you think is best.

If you want a fresh and lighter dish, add more lime than curry/chili. If you want a heavy dish, add more curry. And of course if you want it spicy , add ginger, chili and curry.


Step 6:

While the rest is cooking, I decided to make myself a rocket and mango salad. Just rinse the rocket in water, peel and cut the mango into pieces, and toss together in a nice bowl. I find the sweetness of mango really suitable for this dish.


Step 7:

When the rice have been cooked, the dish should have cooked for about 15 min, and that should do it, serve and enjoy.

0 comments:

Food Recipes   © 2009. Template Recipes by ABC

TOP